Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 9 Learning Entry

This week we learned about Google Docs and social bookmarking. Google Docs is an online source that can be used to form new documents between people while reducing the amount of emails and new documents. It is a great idea and if used correctly can be extremely helpful.
We also learned of social bookmarking. The whole concept it very good, but to some people might not be very useful. Instead of bookmarking on your personal computer, you bookmark on a website. This way you can use your bookmarks even if you are not on your personal computer. You can also share your bookmarks with other people and learn of other sites that are unknown to you.

Both of these websites can be useful not only in my personal life but also my professional life. Google Docs would be perfect in sport management because many people work on the same project all the time. It would cut down on paper waste and reduce the number of emails someone receives for a single project. I plan to use the source when I am interning this coming semester. I also have used it personally to help with a Secret Santa plan. Social Bookmarking is not really my thing, but can be very useful in my field. There are too many websites for sport jobs, sport news, and sport publications that I can barely remember any of them. It is something that I need to take advantage of and hopefully I will follow through with it.

I have attached a link for an article titled "7 Things You Should Know about Social Bookmarking." I read this article and was impressed the only downside the authors found was with tagging. I thought it was pretty interesting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment