Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 14 Learning Entry

During the week we learned and discussed gaming for teaching and learning. The concept is to make learning a game so children will learn and possibly memorize better. The idea is already in use is many schools during primary grades.

I think teaching games are very useful to anyone at any age. I do not believe that all gaming is teaching and there should not be any gaming at schools in place of learning. I do remember Oregon Tail when I was a kid, however, it is not a teaching game! It was a game to play on the computer. You did not learn anything! Learning to play on a computer is not a teaching game. Games can be fun and help you learn, but I think there is a fine line between gaming and learning.

I have attached a link to an online game called "Word Whomp." It is an online free game that gives you seven letters and a time limit. The goal is to spell as many words as you can before time is up. This is a learning game, but very close to gaming. I still think it makes you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment