Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week 7 Learning Entry

This week we discussed digital storytelling, which I found out was movies and pictures mixed together. This is a very interesting spin on just pictures. I thought using animoto was very simple, but when I tried to use imovie I had the most difficult time. I still do not know how to mix videos and photos.
The only way I think digital storytelling fits into sport management is if you have a presentation to make or if you are making a video for some event that took place. I think it would be really useful for presentations, an example being that if someone wanted to persuade another that UF was the best place for college sports, they could put a video together of all the championship wins and the activities that go on around the campus. So I think this is useful to spice up just a regular slide show or video, but something that does not truly effect sport management.

Digitales is a website that I found from googling. I used this source because it has workshops that people can attend to learn how to make videos and use digital storytelling. The camp is open to anyone for any purpose and they have multiple choices of length for the camp. I found it pretty interesting because it is basically what we learned for adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment